Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Onions are up!

I have 2 rows of red onions this year, and they are starting to come up. I have failed miserable at growing red onions in years past. This year I tried onion sets, hope they work better. We have been enjoying fresh lettuce from the window box this spring,( can't believe I didn't think of this before,) what a great way to grow lettuce. I don't have a big enough garden to grow all I'd like to. I have been fixin' ta' put up a garden at the cabin.

Thanks for checking out My blog. Check back for more.

Brandon

2 comments:

Penny said...

I'm trying a few planter boxes on my deck railing this year, too, for herbs and lettuce. I think it will be easier to water and weed and close to the back door if I need to dash away from the bugs while harvesting. We are very late on the big garden...

Uni-Go said...

I noticed the carrots are up and the garden beans are up. I see the morning glorys are coming up as well.